« Home | I am slacking again.... » | Feeling Accomplished Yet? » | My First SPF: Bedside Manner » | Sex Education?!? » | I Am A Total Bitch » | Half-Nekkid Thursday # 2: Black Lace » | Picture Updates » | Look Out Kelly Clarkson » | Everybody Gettin' Tipsy » | Minivan Mommy »

Mom's Night Out...Honey, Don't Kill the Kids......

I am finally, finally, taking my other half up on his offer to watch the kids while I go out with some friends for dinner and drinks. So, I am a member an internet group of local moms, some of whom read this blog, (Hi guys!) and it was one of the members' birthday on March 2nd, so we are taking the opportunity to run like hell away from our spawn and do some serious gorging, serious cackling and potentially serious guzzling of alcoholic beverages.
Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I mean LOVE them. Kill for them. But mostly I love them in a "Christ, how many times do I have to tell you that bananas do not go on the TV screen" kind of way. Ya know, the absent, not really there mumbling, while you hope they'll just go away so you can close your eyes for five seconds of peace kind of way.

And yeah, I enjoy them. They make me laugh.

Maniacally. The laugh you hear like two seconds before the potential loon next to you just wigs out! So, tonight, I get adult female conversation, peppered with a little immaturity I am sure, for what is more enjoyable than not corralling the kids but becoming a public nuisance??

Just kidding. Kind of. I plan on driving my
own vehicle and if things wind down early heading out for drinks and dancing later. We'll see if any of the mammas want to come out or not Either way, I do have a few friends who do want to and I'll meet up with them if I am at a loss early on, but I refuse to set foot in that house before the stroke of midnight.

I actually want to walk out of my house looking like a home-wrecker (not that I would EVER wreck a home, I just want to knock hubby’s socks off) and when I say, “See you tomorrow, babe.” I want to absolutely follow through.


And when I have eaten too much Tex-Mex, drank enough fruity little cocktails and had my fill of shaking what the Lord gave me, I will go home, go to my daughter's rooms and wake them just to tell them how much I missed them. (Sidebar: Little Man is visiting PoPo in Marble Falls and is therefore unavailable for said hugs and mushy stuff). Then I will retreat to my bedroom, strip down and climb into bed to be snuggled next to my hubby and drift off into a relaxing sleep and hope that it won't be another 2 years before I go out with "the girls" again.

How fun! I wish I would have spent tonight but I spent it doing crap around the house. At least I had a vanilla martini though! Hope you had a good time.

So, did you wake the kids when you got home? I didn't even wake the dh, although I tried. They were all OUT!

Post a Comment

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com