« Home | Teacher Might Be Dismissed for Pictures » | Sicky Sickerstein » | Toobs, Burns and Beer » | I'll be here for years » | Ninety To Nothing..... » | Take This Job and....... » | Comming to Terms with It..... » | Random Randomness on a Sunday Morning » | The Old Red Eye » | Welcome to Stupidville..... »

Just When You Least Expect It


Why is it that unexpected and unpleasent things happen at the most inopportune moments? Why is it that I am cosmically challenged and must always have an unexpected repair or expense when there is no money for it?

Case in point: the truck. The family and I were out yesterday for a little trip down memory lane in the old neighborhood. Lo and behold when the hubby stepped on the brake we heard an unmistakable grinding noise. That is NEVER good. Turns out we are down to the metal on one of the brake pads in the front and it has ruined one of the rotors. For a small care this is no biggie. For my truck it CAN be a huge deal. Not only is this truck needed to get the family around and for the hubby to go get parts and such but it costs a lot more to fix the truck then an ordinary car.

The issue with this is that we are still catching up financially with me having swtiched jobs. It is tight. Really tight and although there is light at the end of the tunnel that light is growing dimmer with each new expense.

I guess it could be worse. I do have a GREAT job and James has a well paying one so we do see that light. I can't say the same for my sister and her husband. He just lost his job and she has never worked and feels no need to with two kids and pregnant with another she thinks he should carr y the financial load. On top of that they just signed for a home. Owner financed but still a higher payment than they were making before and him without a job and only one car between them.

I suppose I will rob Peter a little more and pay Paul and come up with whatever money is needed to survive and pay the bills without anything getting repossessed, foreclosed on or turned off. In the meantime my husband is at home trying to fix our truck with only my cousin's help.

© 2006 CM

The same types of things always happen to me. Just when I am recovering financially from a move, the freezer breaks or something. ugh, you can never get caught up.

That Sucks! I haven't been here in awhile. You haven't posted much or at on on Amoms. What up?

How is the job?

Post a Comment

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com