« Home | The Loss of Innocence » | An Apple A Day....... » | Marking Your Territory?? » | Screaming In the Night » | Family Night Out » | Letter to you..... » | My New Addiction » | Boycott Citgo...Thank you MILF » | How to Never Get Ripped Off For Portraits Again..... » | Mom's Night Out...Honey, Don't Kill the Kids...... »

What is a BLOG anyway???

I got a phone call from the hubby last week asking my what I had posted on his blog recently. I answered that there were a lot of things and that I would need to read it to him. He told me he would look at it when he got home.

I wondered why all of a sudden he was interested in what was on the blog I created for him. When approached later, it turns out I offended someone with the content of what I wrote on his blog. Now....since I am the only one maintaining it, and he's not interested I culd just change it to my blog ABOUT him, but whatever....

That and the fact that I basically just trashed a former friend for her actions and posted her picture for the world to see gave me a little notion that I might need to justify my writing. I hate that I need to do this but realize that what I write is my business. I put it out there and I am sorry if it pisses you off that I do then refrain from giving me fodder for my blog.

So I decided that I would post my opinion of what a blog is. In doing this I figured I should do a little bit of research as well. When checking Wikipedia.com (the free online encylopedia) I located a defination for a personal blog, which this is. I will post it here:

PERSONAL BLOG: In common speech, the term blog is often used to describe an online diary or journal, such as LiveJournal. The blog format allows inexperienced computer users to make diary entries with ease. People blog poems, prose, illicit thoughts, complaints, daily experiences, and more, often allowing others to contribute. In 2001, mainstream awareness of online diaries increased dramatically.
Online diaries are part of the daily lives of many teenagers and college students. Friends use blogs to communicate with each other, keeping each other up-to-date with events and thoughts in a non-intrusive manner. The appeal of this form of communication is that the recipient can read whenever it is convenient, and the writer does not need to remember who still needs to be updated with certain pieces of information - it is there, waiting, for whenever people wish to read it.

Now, I'm not a college student (well, not right now anyway) and I'm surely not a teenager and haven't been for a few years now. But, I do enjoy writing and I need to get my thoughts out there on a page every now and then. I like feedback and knowing what others think about my personal thought process. Both this blog and the hubby's are team blogs and those are slightly different because they allow the opinions of all parties who are part of the team.

To tell you the truth there are occasions when I have a half-baked idea of a concept or an opinion and an open discussion can solidify what I think about it. I like for the internet world to read what I think and what I say and tell me what they think.

In fact, and I will never link this or refer to it ever again, but I posted a while back and one of the comments I recieved let me know that another blogger had copied my post to his own blog and he had proceeded to tear apart my writing. Now, this was not appreciated in any way, but it is his right to do so as a member of the online community. I put it out there and he picked it up and lobbed it back at me.

You are entitled to your opinion of whatever I write, just as you are to whatever I say. But I will say this: Just because you don't like the subject matter or agree with it does not mean that I will take it down to please you.

I don't care who you are. You cannot control the flow of information and last I checked it was part of my right as an American citizen to say anything I please. I will try to stay true to the facts as much as possible and sometimes that will not reflect well on you. I'm sorry, but that is the way I was feeling at the time.

You think I'm wrong you are welcome to comment on it and have the guts to put it out there in the public as much as I did.

© 2006 CM

Well there really isn't anything she doesn't write that isn't try. The person that she offend hasn't answered their phone since they told me about it. There isn't anything that she wrote in the blog that wasn't true about the way I felt. As for people posting comments anonymous, well gee grow a pair. If you have the balls to cut down the writer at least have the balls to say who you are.

Anonymous, you are so very, very brave. When I invited the world populace to comment on it if they didn't like the content I did not mean throwing out potshots from the cheap seats.

I have no respect for you, honestly. If you have an issue babe then stand up for what you believe in instead of hiding behind an invisable little curtain. ESPECIALLY if you are going to take shots at my parenting skills.

For the record: my children are well behaved, intelligent, well adjusted, energetic, beautiful little people. Someone must be doing something right.

Unfortunately, since you are standing behind the anonymous I don't know who you are. I have a little idea who it might be though and I have to say that if you regret knowing me: then kiss off. It's that easy.

I thankfully know you and we had such fun at the other MNO. From everything I've read on your blog and from meeting you in person, I can only say that you are a great mom who is doing the best she can as are all of us.

Whoever doesn't agree with your comments can just not comment or move on and stop reading your blog.

I hate anonymous.

Dear Anonymous,

If you feel the way you do, why do you waste your time reading her stuff at all? Is your life THAT empty? Are you that trivial? Are you that angry? If you are that angry, then you need to go and get yourself some help. This city is filled with lots of qualified psychiatrists that can help you either with common therapy practices or with anti-anxiety medicine.

If you are that trivial, then you got a lot of nerve posting the post that you did. You are no better.

If your life is that empty, don't you think it would be a better use of your time to fill it with positive things?

If you have a true beef with my blogger friend, then why don't you stand behind what you say and let yourself be known. Posting behind anonymous just means that you are trivial, angry or that your life is empty. Go fix it.

Anonymous -

Another good use of your time would be to brush up on your spelling skills or make the effort to use spell checking software.

The correct spelling is inexcusable. Look it up.

Post a Comment

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com