« Home | Screaming In the Night » | Family Night Out » | Letter to you..... » | My New Addiction » | Boycott Citgo...Thank you MILF » | How to Never Get Ripped Off For Portraits Again..... » | Mom's Night Out...Honey, Don't Kill the Kids...... » | I am slacking again.... » | Feeling Accomplished Yet? » | My First SPF: Bedside Manner »

Marking Your Territory??

I had always heard that if you acquire a new pet, especially a male dog, that he will urinate to "mark his territory". I have even heard that if they have a major change in situation they would do the same. I wasn't aware however, that this would be the case with my little man.

I suppose it should have occurred to me since men of all types are facinated with that little appendage between their legs. I mean, it DOES occupy most of their time. I just had the apparently mistaken impression that once potty trained I would not have to deal with issues like this again.

I am a little bit confused as to why this happened. I did spend most of the day after having figured it out with my mouth open just shaking my head, absolutely confused as to where my little man would get the idea that this action was a positive one, or even, HOW it would occur to him to do it.

Let me back up a little bit here.

I went into his room a few nights ago to tuck him in and make sure he was bedded down for the night. When entering the room I noticed a smell that was a little bit off, but not very distinctive yet. So, I went into search mode and like a mommy bloodhound I thought I found it when I located a bannana that he had snuck into his room behind his toy chest. Now there was also an empty coke can and the floor around it was wet.

I assumed from all of this that he had snuck an bannana and a coke into his room and spilled it. Since he knows it is against house rules for any food or drink to be out of the kitchen he covered it up hoping that I wouldn't find it.

The kid is 5. He still thinks he can get away with stuff like this. I thought that the wierd smell was comming from the mildewy smell of something damp.

I got out the carpet cleaner and at 10:30 at night cleaned up the mess, then tucked Little Man in and went to bed.

The next morning it seemed though that the smell was worse and I checked three or four times that day to find it. No luck. Now I'm completely confused and have it on my list to buy some type of bacteria-killing deodorizer.

Go to bed that night and at about 4:30 in the morning I am awakened by an unusual noise, but after listening for a few minutes I don't hear it again so I close my eyes to drift off to sleep and there it is again.

Water hitting carpet.

My first thought is his name! I know he sneeks into my room in the middle of the night and makes a pallet on his Dad's side of the bed, so there is a good chance it is him. But there is no answer to my call. I get up and look.

He is bare-butt on the floor pretending to sleep and there is a wet spot just under the side of my bed with no water/coke in sight. And it smells of ammonia in the room.

I get him up and take him to his room and put him in his bed. When walking back to my room to clean up the mess it occurs to me that the smell in his room has to be urine.

I did clean both carpets with a stem cleaner and spray anti-bacterial deodorizer.

I just don't understand what triggered this. I don't get what is the reason that he would randomly forgo the toilet. There have been no major changes in our world just recently and things seem to be on a pretty even keel. He is talking about school alot more. Since he starts in the fall he and I talk about it alot to get him ready for it, but that has been going on for months now....

So confused. I really hope this doesn't keep up. Ahh...the joys of parenting.

OMG! I would be freaking out. We haven't started potty training yet. Guess I've got some fun to look forward to...

Post a Comment

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com