« Home | Family Night Out » | Letter to you..... » | My New Addiction » | Boycott Citgo...Thank you MILF » | How to Never Get Ripped Off For Portraits Again..... » | Mom's Night Out...Honey, Don't Kill the Kids...... » | I am slacking again.... » | Feeling Accomplished Yet? » | My First SPF: Bedside Manner » | Sex Education?!? »

Screaming In the Night

Oy!

Do you have any idea what it does to your R.E.M. cycle to have a blood-curdling shreek issued out in the dead of the night while the whole house is sleeping?

I do.

It sucks.

Sooooo tired.

Here I am at about 4:30 am doing what any sane person would be doing in the middle of the night, sleeping. All cosied up in my comfy bed. Cuddled up next to hubby. Having some weird dream that was not altogether unpleasant and....

HOLY EFFIN GOD!

A shreek of "MOOOOOMMMMYYYYY!! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" jerks me awake.

I literally leap out of the bed and sprint toward the sound of the noise, with a still sleep-clogged brain, calling his name. Right?

All's well and good, mommy is on the way. You see, by this point I have recognised the cry and know, in that mommy-way, that it is not an injury cry. This is a "I got the bejesus scared out of me" cry.

Ok, so don the comforting mommy voice. By this time I am in my living room, stark naked, calling for my son.

Then it hits me.....I am in my living room, stark naked, AND my 16 year old cousin is sleeping on my couch.

Well, he WAS sleeping on the couch.

Now, luckily he is looking in the direction of the caterwalling and not at his admittedly gorgeous, but totally naked, and therefore completely inappropriate cousin. Yeah.

So, I go into HOLY SHIT mode and dart back to my room, doing the peeking-around-the-door-jamb-with-just-my-little-head-poking-out thing 'til the runt comes in my room.

Lead him to the bed. Get in the covers myself then, talk to the little booger and calm him down.

Now, I am fully awake, along with everyone else in the house but light would still hurt and I have to walk little man back to his room. Yeah, not doing that in my birthday suit, thanks.

So now I am on a mission to find a dark colored robe---in the dark.

Two stubbed toes later I am in my son's room advising him to sleep and snatching the XBOX out of his room. Which, by the way, is the thing that gave him the random willies 'cause ya know he had been playing it all day and killing aliens.

Seriouly need to have my blood pressure checked....GOOD GOD!

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com