« Home | Smells like Verbal Abuse This Morning » | Modeling » | Big Birthday Bash!! » | My Ramblings Part Three: Let's Get Happy!! » | My Ramblings Part Two » | I Like To Move Move It! Watch ... » | You want me to pay for WHAT?!? » | My ramblings....Part One » | National Champs!! Hook'Em! » | Beer Drinking, Chip Eating, Couchbound Gridiron Gi... »

I Fell In Love with My Husband

Yesterday, I'm at the crap job. (For the benefit of any coworkers and/or supervisors: working my little tail off; just typing at lightning speeds and trying to figure out how to get more done with my toes.) But seriously: doing absolutely shit. Co-worker that the dried-up bitter crone put in charge turns to me and says, "You can have VTO (voluntary time off) if you want to go. We don't have any calls right now and it's really slow. "

Now, I thought about it for like a whole half second.”Uh, well....my paycheck can't really afford it. Ok, yeah, never mind I'm outta here at like noon, mmmk?"

Left work and here I am thinking that I am going to be home with the hubs and the kiddos trying to keep up and watching my hard work on the cleaning of the casa go down the drain. But I had underestimated the CP. Turns out my mother is at the house AND she's taking all three clowns to her house for the day. WOOO HOOO!

Time for some HOT MONKEY LOVE! Fast forward through the shower scene and skip forward an hour or so.

We decide to head out and check out a movie. At least that was on the agenda to begin with. But you know what? When your other half works from dark 'til dark and you constantly have three tornados in tow you get absolutely no time with the man you married to do all that mundane, ordinary, daily stuff that you want to get done.

Revised plan: Skip the movie and go to Sam's Club to buy indoor/outdoor tables for the kiddo’s birthday party coming up. I know boring right? Nope. You have never gone on a day exploration with my man.

We laughed and joked and then teased each other. We talked like adults do and then we flirted some more. We spent way too much money even though we got a great deal. So after a little rumble in tummy we head over to Baby Acapulco’s.

In the truck on the way over: more laughs. Making fun of people that won't let us merge in and laughing at the two kids play fighting in the restaurant parking lot. We couldn't decide if it was real or not ‘til we got to the door but had it been real we might have been on our way to getting our asses kicked. We drive it and the one kid looks up cocks his chin back and makes a face. Now, I know he meant to look like he was trying to be all hard, but he ended up looking like he was a fish asking for a big kiss. We couldn't help it. We both busted out laughing.

Get into the restaurant and start feeling like an adult, especially with the Baby A's 'Ritas we ordered.

So a bowl of Baby A's soup, two plates of fajita nachos, a hot fudge brownie with Amy's Mexican Vanilla ice cream later we're waiting for the check and a to go box. The waiter has departed our table like 20 minutes ago looking for this elusive box. He's not back nor does he show signs of it.

I head to the bathroom. I come out. Still no waiter. CP goes into the bathroom. Come outs. I'm waiting for him. Still no waiter. So.....we start for the door.

Hey! He didn't bring the check we waited....we looked for him.....no check....no money. We can see the door and are almost home free. From behind me, "Hey, ya'll lookin' for the check?"

DAMN.

"Yeah, we were just looking for you. Couldn't find ya. There ya are. Where were you.....?” Hee hee....

Fifty bucks later we're headed home. Grab some movies at Blockbuster, pick up two free rain checks for movies I don't care about one way or another, but hey, guaranteed free if they aren't in and they weren't.

Meanwhile, my mother knows we'll be there at eight. She's blowing my phone up. Solution: Turn it off. If she has an emergency with the kids: CP has his phone on him, but she won't call him 'less she has to. Ahhh....love that mom is afraid of the Big Bad Hubby.

you didnt meantion the part about how I ordered dessert.

Awww, that's so sweet. Almost makes me want to go shopping with my husband. Nah...

But seriously, sounds like you guys had a great time. It's nice to be able to get away from the little boogers every once in a while and actually be an adult.

Post a Comment

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com