« Home | I wanna..... » | Writing It All Out » | Another Day, Another Dollar » | Ms. Personality » | Miracle Babe » | Fisherman's Wharf » | Uncle Pat swinging the Girls » | By the River Bank » | A Bouncing Baby Boy » | KIDS! Can't live with 'em..... »

Reunions

My best friend from high school called me on Friday. She and I play phone tag quite a bit. She blames it on never getting her messages from her Sprint phone but, I think it's just excuses.

Okay, I believe her. Just barely.

So we started talking about the rest of the group that we used to hang out with in high school and how it's a little difficult to keep up with each other.

In those four years of teenage hell, we all promised to keep in touch no matter what. I know that this is a naive promise and that everyone makes it and thinks that they will be the first to keep it. Okay, I get that. We didn't do it. Surprise, Surprise!

So I started thinking about getting a group together on some web page that would allow us all to keep in touch and catch up with each other. There were a few of us and we were all really close and there for each other during those overly dramatic years.

I grew up in a small town and everyone knew everyone when I came on the scene in Kindergarten. Somehow even comming on the scene in the middle of the year that early was a cardinal sin because I never really fit with the "cool" crowd. They were all those whose parents were friends and had been friends since they were babies.

We kind of created our own group. We didn't do so bad because there are those of us who are still talking, getting along, and then there are those who aren't talking strictly because we lost touch.

I decided to correct that. I have created a Yahoo! group (TRAITOR) for my friends to talk to me, for me to talk to them. I miss that awesome advice and just being there for each other. My friends were remarkably grounded for teenagers and we've always been very intelligent and ahead of our time. They have the most solid shoulders I have ever been able to lean on. It pains me to say it, but I failed to keep the friendships going back then.
Hindsight's 20/20 right? Well, looking back on it I got too involved with my boyfriend (now my husband) and my jobs and everything else when I should have been concentrating on school and my friends and living it up as a teen instead of working three jobs and fighting to spend time (read: have sex) with my man.

So, I really need to finish getting all those pictures of us together to be posted on this little group site and then make sure I have everyone's email addresses.

Who's Behind the Madness

  • I'm Drama Mama
  • From Austin, Texas, United States
  • I am a 24 year old married mother of three, which were supposed to be two, but we were surprised with our little miracle after a failed tubal. I was the goody-goody who was college bound and sheltered to the max and I married the bad boy three years older than me after we got knocked-up. I AM the cliche but it worked out well because I would have been a collegiate partier. Now I am the ring leader at the madhouse which we lovingly refer to as the circus.
My profile


Enter your email address below to subscribe to Texas Three Ring Circus!


powered by Bloglet


Music Video Codes by VideoCure.com